Welcome to the IWIRC London Network
London is a truly global financial centre. It has a leading global share of domestic and cross-border restructurings and insolvencies and is the European capital for hedge funds and private equity funds. It is a capital of diverse cultures and opportunity.
IWIRC's goal is the connection, promotion and success of women in the restructuring and insolvency profession worldwide and the London network members want to be part of achieving that goal. The IWIRC London Network is open to lawyers, financial advisors, lenders, turnaround managers, and other related disciplines.
The London network was established in April 2018. We are focused on attracting new members and growing our Network. We already have over 150 members!
Our network runs monthly events in three categories:
- Be Inspired – here we look to inspire and motivate our members with speakers who share their extraordinary experiences and powerful insights. Do you know what makes a great leader? How to make an impact? These are just some examples of sessions that we will hold in this part of our events programme.
- Be Informed – here we focus on providing technical updates to our members. What is new in the insolvency and restructuring space, which cases do members need to know, what are the trends in England, Europe and around the world that merit a discussion?
- Be Connected – in this part of our series, we provide our members with the opportunity to network with each other and to make new connections or reignite old ones.
Our members receive invitations for all of our events, but check our events pages for new events, which are posted on a rolling basis a few weeks ahead of time.
- Be Connected: IWIRC London Network: Fizz Thursday! Thursday 16 September, 18:00-22:00. The IWIRC London Network invites our members to join us for a Be Connected informal "Fizz Thursday" event at the The Sterling in The Gherkin. We hope this event will continue with the return of "in-person" events for the IWIRC London Network post lockdown restrictions and following the success of the recent "Games, Set *& Match!" event. We cannot wait to catch up with more of you as time goes on! Register here.
- Be Informed: IWIRC London Network Virtual Conference: Thursday 14 October, 13:00-17:30, with a 18:00 drinks reception in London. The IWIRC London network are pleased to be hosting our virtual conference this year in collaboration with Reorg. View the full agenda and register here.
- Be Connected: Game, Set, Match!
- IWIRC London memebers met up for our first “in-person” event post lockdown restrictions over a glass of Prosecco and some strawberries and cream.
- Be Informed: Recognition of Restructuring/Insolvency Procedures in the EU Post Brexit
- The IWIRC London Network and IWIRC European Network put together an expert panel to discuss how restructuring and insolvency procedures will be recognized in Europe post Brexit.
- Be Inspired: Charity Quiz Night in aid of Solace Women’s Aid
- We were pleased to hold a virtual quiz night and raffle in support of the charity Solace Women’s Aid which works to support survivors of domestic violence. The quiz gave us an opportunity to get to know each other a little better and with the help of our event sponsor, AlixPartners, our raffle sponsors, and our generous members, we were delighted to raise over £1,200 for this incredible organisation!
- Be Inspired: Sonya Barlow - How women have been affected from working remotely during the pandemic and tools to aid resilience
- Award-Winning Entrepreneur, TEDxSpeaker, Diversity Coach and Author Sonya Barlow delivered an inspiring, informative and interactive panel to attendees, highlighting how women have been disproportionately affected throughout the pandemic, and tools to aid resilience.
Have you missed an event? Check out our vimeo page for recordings of our virtual events.
IWIRC London has recently switched email platforms, and our latest communications may consequently end up in your junk folder. Please have a look and make sure to add our email to your address book to receive future emails!
As a network we also collaborate with other industry bodies (such as R3, INSOL, INSOL Europe and others), where this is appropriate. Our collaborative approach ensures our members have practical opportunities for professional development, including networking, participating in educational programs and leadership.
Whether your business development goal is to get to know more people active in restructuring & insolvency both locally and internationally, IWIRC offers tools and tactics that fit your approach, including
- Searchable online member directory open to the public
- Attendance at networking and learning events around the world
- Publishing opportunities in the monthly e-newsletter
- And many more… Click here for more information on how to join.
Members of IWIRC enjoy a host of benefits, not the least of which is a warm, welcoming and positive atmosphere among our members who have a mutual interest in being successful in their careers, their relationships, and their lives.
Like many of the best things in life, the London network was founded over a breakfast amongst great women in restructuring.
Kelly McDonald, Laura Kimmel, Helen Sevenoaks, Sarah Frankel and Kathlene Burke met in 2016 and discussed the formation of a London chapter for IWIRC. With a lot of collaboration and energy, a founding committee was formed and more ladies joined the effort.
Click here to see the members of our steering committee. Please feel free to reach out to any of them for more information about joining IWIRC, about upcoming events, and with your feedback. We’d love to hear from you!
Do also get in touch if your organization is interested in sponsoring the London IWIRC Network. We have different tiers of sponsorship and would happily work with you to find your best suited sponsorship package.