Welcome to the IWIRC London Network
London is a truly global financial centre. It has a leading global share of domestic and cross-border restructurings and insolvencies and is the European capital for hedge funds and private equity funds. It is a capital of diverse cultures and opportunity.
IWIRC's goal is the connection, promotion and success of women in the restructuring and insolvency profession worldwide and the London network members want to be part of achieving that goal. The IWIRC London Network is open to lawyers, financial advisors, lenders, turnaround managers, and other related disciplines.
The London network was established in April 2018. We are focused on attracting new members and growing our Network. We already have over 120 members!
Our network runs events in three categories:
- Be Inspired – here we look to inspire and motivate our members with speakers who share their extraordinary experiences and powerful insights. Do you know what makes a great leader? How to make an impact? These are just some examples of sessions that we will hold in this part of our events programme.
- Be Informed – here we focus on providing technical updates to our members. What is new in the restructuring space, which cases do members need to know, what are trends in England and Europe that merit a discussion?
- Be Connected – in this part of our series, we provide our members with the opportunity to network with each other and to make new connections or reignite old ones.
As a network we also collaborate with other industry bodies (such as R3, INSOL, INSOL Europe and others), where this is appropriate. Our collaborative approach ensures our members have practical opportunities for professional development, including networking, participating in educational programs and leadership.
We are delighted to announce the inaugeral International Corporate Rescue (ICR) and IWIRC article competition. Submit your article by 1 July 2020 to be considered. More informaiton can be found here.
Whether your business development goal is to get to know more people active in restructuring & insolvency both locally and internationally, IWIRC offers tools and tactics that fit your approach, including
- Searchable online member directory open to the public
- Attendance at networking and learning events
- Publishing opportunities the monthly e-newsletter
- And many more… Click here for more information on how to join.
Members of IWIRC enjoy a host of benefits, not the least of which is a warm, welcoming and positive atmosphere among women who have a mutual interest in being successful in their careers, their relationships, and their lives.
Like many of the best things in life, the London network was founded over a breakfast amongst great women in restructuring.
Kelly McDonald, Laura Kimmel, Helen Sevenoaks, Sarah Frankel and Kathlene Burke met in 2016 and discussed the formation of a London chapter for IWIRC. With a lot of collaboration and energy, a founding committee was formed and more ladies joined the effort.
Please feel free to reach out to any of them for more information about joining IWIRC, about upcoming events, and with your feedback. We’d love to hear from you!
We value new members. Click here to learn more about IWIRC and how you can join the premier networking organisation in the global restructuring industry. Do also get in touch if your organization is interested in sponsoring the London IWIRC Network. We have different tiers of sponsorship and would happily work with you to find your best suited sponsorhip package.