Welcome to the IWIRC Georgia Network
The IWIRC-Georgia Network was founded in 2001 as an organization to foster and promote networking among women in the restructuring industry in Georgia. Over time, our membership has grown to over 70 members across the state. Our members include dynamic women from diverse professional backgrounds, including judges, lawyers, bankers, turnaround professionals, financial advisors and other restructuring practitioners at all levels of practice.
The Georgia Network is devoted to enhancing the status of professional women in the insolvency world. Our goal is to provide a regular forum for meeting, networking, exchanging ideas, and camaraderie. The Georgia Network hosts a variety of different events each year including cocktail networking receptions, educational seminars, community outreach programs, and other exciting events. Some of our recent programs include:
- A three-part virtual series on the SBRA given by panelists including a bankruptcy judge and two subchapter V trustees;
- A virtual wine tasting and holiday party with Voluptuary wines; and
- A virtual webinar on the imposter syndrome given by licensed psychologist Dr. Timothy Schairet
The Georgia Network has been recognized as a role model for IWIRC networks and is the proud recipient of the Ryan Award for Outstanding IWIRC Network in both 2006 and 2012. Georgia Network members have also been recognized for their contributions to IWIRC and the restructuring community, both locally and nationally, including:
- Jennifer Meyerowitz 2015 Melnik Award for Exceptional IWIRC Member
- Sage Sigler 2012 Rising Star Semifinalist
- Alison Elko Franklin 2011 Rising Star Semifinalist
- Hon. Mary Grace Diehl 2008 Woman of the Year in Restructuring Award
We welcome all who are interested in attending our events. Members of IWIRC enjoy a host of benefits, including the opportunity to meet insolvency professionals at every level and in every discipline in a welcoming and positive atmosphere. We hope you will consider joining us!