TOP 10 2021 NETWORKING SOLUTIONS
1. Develop a plan for 2021 networking and revisit your plan monthly to check your progress or make revisions as necessary.
2. Set aside and block out time each week/ month on your calendar where you use that time to check-in on your goals (e.g., reach out to contacts, set-up networking meetings, etc.).
3. Attend one IWIRC event a month (either locally, internationally, or hosted by a network that is not your primary network).
4. Have two virtual or in-person (if safe in your area) networking coffees/drinks/meals per month.
5. Volunteer with a local charity to give back while also expanding your network beyond the restructuring community.
6. Join a committee within your own organization to make connections internally and drive referrals from other business units.
7. For more senior professionals, consider ways to include junior professionals in your events to help them learn to network. For more junior professionals, look around at senior professionals you admire and try and model one or two things you see that work for them.
8. Look for ways to enhance your profile - volunteer to speak at an event or find a topic to write on.
9. Update your IWIRC.com profile, LinkedIn profile and bio on your company’s website.
10. Add all the new connections you have made through your efforts above to your Linkedin.
IWIRC’s Communication Team
Communications & News Co-Director: Rosa Evergreen, Arnold & Porter, Washington DC Network
Communications & News Co-Director: Amy Vulpio, White & Williams LLP, Greater Philadelphia Network
Vice Director of Communications & News: Sara Ann Van-Allen, Dentons Canada LLP, Ontario Network
Vice Director of Communications & Social Media: Bodie Colwell, Preti Flaherty, New England Network